Our highly trained people
With both a top-down and bottom-up approach, we instil health and safety ownership at every level of the company through our operator training, thereby achieving a 97% Achilles audit result. That’s why with OUTCO you know you are working with a safety-first business partner
OUTCO professional training
Your standards are our standards: OUTCO’s health and safety training and management system is certified to OHSAS 18001:2007, 14001:2015 and 9001:2015 – with zero non-conformance and minors. With both a top-down and bottom-up approach, we instill health and safety ownership at every level of the company through our operator training, thereby achieving a 97% Achilles audit result. That’s why with OUTCO you know you are working with a safety-first business partner.
OUTCO insists that all its operators are appropriately trained in every aspect of every operation to ensure health and safety stays top of mind.
- We supply operators with instruction manuals to ensure that operators understand precisely how machinery works and see all safety advice. These usually include details of how to safely remove any blockages that stop machinery’s efficient use.
- All our operatives use appropriate PPE safety clothing. These include sturdy protective gloves, goggles, sturdy shoes and long trousers for grounds work.
- OUTCO teams have respiratory protection through face masks, gloves, long-sleeved shirts and trousers.
- Work always starts with a thorough environmental assessment prior to commencing work.
- Our site managers are all personally charged to ensure that every operative’s equipment, PPE and workwear is compliant with legislation and fit for purpose before work starts.
Nationally, cases of injury or ill-health due to noise pollution and vibration issuing from outdoor maintenance activity are on the rise but at OUTCO we make every effort to buck this trend. For example, our operatives wear appropriate ear protection to minimise risk and stay safe, also using zero carbon electric machinery when appropriate to significantly lessen noise and vibration factors.
OUTCO operator training
- All of our staff receive pre-contract induction and on-going training, such as tool-box talks, on working safely and, in accordance with our method statements, are not allowed to work on sites until their line manager has confirmed that they have both received and understood their health and safety training.
- Training is delivered in-house and via specialist training providers. In addition to task specific training, our operators receive training on best practice safe working including fire safety, manual handling, slips and trips, lone working, vehicle safety, reporting near misses, incidents and accidents.
- We operate a robust supervision and inspection program, combining planned and ad-hoc monitoring of operators and records. This ensures our health and safety policy, processes and safe systems of work are being correctly followed at all times (and for applicable services, ensures winter compliance).
OUTCO operator training
- Our inspection measures include assessment of the quality and safety of service delivery through planned monthly and ad-hoc site inspections carried out by the regional manager.
- By observing the step-by-step delivery of works, we can assess compliance with the risk assessments and method statements and identify and rectify any skills or training gaps or non-conformance.
- Suitable mitigation measures are identified and captured and used to create the method statements for all areas of work we carry out.
- Method statements include details on how to prepare for a task, and the safe systems of work which must be followed when carrying out the task, including how to use PPE, signage, equipment (including chemicals) and machinery.
The OUTCO Academy
Our Winter Risk Management training programs are nationally recognised and LANTRA approved. All operatives undergo this training, which not only increases the quality of the jobs completed on your behalf, but also increases the speed and efficiency of operations. The OUTCO Academy training helps operatives improve techniques, promotes safe working practices, including risk assessments and method statements RAMS and also includes advanced driving skills. Each operative is subsequently set yearly assessments with your target SLAs as their minimum target. We expect our operatives to exceed these targets as part of our in-house annual assessment.
OUTCO’s extraordinary operator training enables us to place an industry-unique guarantee against our work. We will not only complete your risk assessment for you but also offer full liability protection based on your risk assessment
OUTCO’s extraordinary operator training enables us to place an industry-unique guarantee against our work. We will not only complete your risk assessment for you but also offer liability protection based on your risk assessment. We manage your responsibility and legal duty of care with regards to the health and safety of employees and other visitors in respect of the risks of ice related accidents during the winter months. Claims made against any of our clients for any alleged failure in service, will be managed by our insurers. In the event of an accident, OUTCO will manage the process and co-defend claims on your behalf by successfully demonstrating that best practice and your duty of care has been met.
The OUTCO service is underwritten and endorsed by QBE, a global insurance group. Our winter risk assessment, which evaluates specific hazards and potential dangers on your site is an additional tool for your health and safety toolbox and demonstrates your compliance under the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
You may also be interested in
OUTCO’s reputation lies in the quality of its work, and with a list of testimonials across all its service lines, clients approaching OUTCO for its outdoor compliance services can be assured of a company that has quality at its core
OUTCO places great emphasis on consistency of quality with internal and external metrics, including 99.97% customer satisfaction levels. OUTCO is leading the way in the facilities management industry with its exceptional standards, high quality training and transformational technology
OUTCO is committed to innovation and continuous productivity improvement as this helps drive our service standards, efficiency and cost effectiveness
We protect, maintain and improve your outdoor estate infrastructure
Our complete range of services ensure your organisation looks good and runs like clockwork come rain, shine or snow, keeping you one step ahead of regulatory and operational compliance.At A Glance
Outdoor estate compliance
Our validated services cover all the bases keeping your outdoor estate running smoothly, looking good and compliant managing your essential outdoor estate infrastructure.
Powered by smart technology
We’re the only full end-to-end, smart tech-enabled, data rich outdoor services business that proactively maintains and enhances outdoor infrastructure to assure compliance and commercial efficiencies.
Delivering commercial efficiency
OUTCO’s provides the only end-to-end solution for all outdoor services required by clients through a single contractor. Save time and create commercial efficiency by working with outdoor estate compliance experts.