Key client IKEA has been working with OUTCO for 6 years working under a performance-based contract. We deliver a full scope winter service to 29 sites – 2 offices, 3 logistics centres and 24 retail sites across the UK and Ireland. Daily pre-service and post-service reports are emailed to IKEA representatives. Monthly attendance/activity reports are also provided – detailing our service delivered for the past month.
A full scope of winter services is delivered 24/7 by our in-house winter team between 6am and 7am daily, from 1st of November to 31st March:
• Mechanical gritting of car parks and delivery areas.
• Manual gritting to paths and entrances using pedestrian spreaders.
• Procoat low corrosive solution for external metal stairs
• Mechanical snow clearance for snowfall over 5cm.
• Manual snow gritting using pedestrian spreaders.
Twenty four operator teams using dedicated 4X4 winter vehicles and towed spreaders are dedicated to retail sites under the contract, supported by regional assistants, local management team and our 24/7 helpdesk.
Road Surface Temperature Activation
Zero degrees Celsius, with some multi storey car parks at +1 degrees Celsius
Our excellent KPI performance reflects our operators’ skills and approach, excellent training, duty of care compliance, and our relationship with client representatives.
• Winter 2019/2020 – 100% performance from activated and reactive visits.
• Winter 2018/2019 – 100% performance from activated and reactive visits.
Related case studies
It is essential that Heathrow remains compliant, safe and operational 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This becomes even more of a necessity during the winter months. OUTCO delivers 24/7 winter gritting and snow clearance service to Heathrow each winter season.
A key operator of commuter and regional services in South East London and Kent and parts of East Sussex, OUTCO delivers a highly performing 24/7 winter gritting and snow clearance service to Southeastern’s sites each winter season