Our extensive portfolio includes the Savills retail estate, incorporating Morrisons stores and ten of their associated Fuel Filling Stations, including those in Bradford, Coalville, and Canvey Island. On all we are acutely aware of our customers duty to ensure contractors working on associated Petrol Filling Stations adhere to specified standards. Our management team hold recognised Health & Safety certificates and SPA/UKPIA Petrol Retail Contractor Safety Passports, essential for contractors working on a petrol forecourt.
• Regular litter clearance of landscaped areas
• Monthly shrub bed and hedge maintenance
• Ongoing weed control and moss treatment
• Grass cutting weekly.
Whilst undertaking our duties we uphold our responsibilities under Health & Safety and Environmental legislation, including the Dangerous Substances and Explosives Atmospheres regulations 2002 (DSEAR).
Site specific risk assessments identify the hazards, those at risk and identify control measures. The following criteria is considered when carrying out the risk assessments
• Slips, trips, and falls. Materials and the hazardous properties of the substances that are kept or used
• Fuel storage, venting, dispensing and associated plant
• Equipment used and systems in place to prevent or contain leaks or spillage
• Ignition sources, electricity and associated plant
• Compressed air and associated plant
• Hazardous explosive atmosphere existing during any activities on the forecourt
• Risk assessment dictates safe working practices issued to all staff.
• Details of the hazard zones on the forecourt, limitations, exclusions, and safety cordons
• Measures put into place to eliminate or reduce the risk of fire and explosion,
• Procedures to ensure pre-start workplace and equipment safety & accident reporting and incident response, i.e. the emergency plans
Related case studies
OUTCO has worked with INEOS since June 2017, delivering a broad scope of grounds maintenance services to the client’s primary oil refinery site in Grangemouth, Scotland. We manage around 1 million m2 of green spaces, maintaining these areas around offices, substations, bunds, fencing lines, pipeline tracks, and open spaces
OUTCO undertakes a wide scope of works for Morrisons Supermarkets, on behalf of Savills. Fourteen supermarkets are maintained across the North West, Norfolk, West Yorkshire, the Midlands and South East England.