BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (GROUNDS DIVISION)
The Business Development Manager (BDM) will be responsible of prospecting new business in line with the company’s strategic objectives. In addition to this, the BDM will be expected to support the wider sales team in pricing of organic opportunities through existing client streams.
The primary objective of the BDM will be to grow the company’s Planned Preventive Maintenance (PPM) grounds maintenance portfolio. In order to achieve this, the postholder shall have a proven background of grounds maintenance pricing via both physical and electronic means, as well as converting cold leads into live opportunities.
In addition to accurate estimating, the postholder shall be required to support the bid writing team and be able to identify VE opportunities and ‘bast value’ propositions to enhance the success rate of tender conversions.
The role can be based remotely or at our Stevenage or Doncaster offices.
- Ensure all work is carried out in a safe and environmentally acceptable manner in accordance with OUTCO policies.
- Monitor submission deadlines and support the Grounds Division Director with project allocation.
- Identify new sales opportunities through existing client relationships, prospecting and advertised leads (e.g. OJEU publications)
- Carry out the estimating process for new and ongoing PPM contracts as well as Ad-hoc works, preparing accurate cost estimates and rates for submission to customers.
- Study the commercial and technical requirements of each bid making due allowance for and manage those requirements that may place the company at risk or provide commercial opportunities.
- Carry out site visits to prospective and current sites to assess work methods and possible challenges or opportunities, as well as pre and post tender meetings.
- Maintain a working knowledge of subcontractors and ensure that estimates are based upon approved and competent suppliers.
- Maintain an up to date resource database to ensure estimates are accurate.
- Liaise with other members of the bid team, such as the quality team to ensure that the bid addresses all issues and the estimate is robust.
- Liaise with site management to ensure feedback takes place and therefore keep aware of current work practices and HSEQ requirements.
- Promote the wider interests of the whole of the OUTCO group, seeking to add value, where possible, by use of other company products.
- Produce company reports accurately and produce enquiry packs on time.
- Develop, maintain and evolve good client, supplier and staff relationships.
The role may require additional duties to be performed outside of the day-to-day role to ensure the efficient running of the department or business area.
- Has 3-5 years’ experience as an Estimator within highly commercial organisations, where the customer is at the heart of the business.
- Experience of the end to end project management.
- Experienced in delivering substantial estimating projects on time within budget.
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook & Excel)
- Has a clean, valid drivers’ licence.
- An excellent communicator with strong verbal, written and analytical skills
- Able to work well in a fast, changing environment with excellent decision making skills. Proven ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines.
- Detail orientated, and highly organised with excellent project management skills.
- Team player and able to support the business at all levels and work well with other departments.
- Possesses strong commercial and operational knowledge and able to solve client issues and concerns creatively
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in a fast moving environment, dealing with staff at all levels in the organisation.
- Flexible with regards to travel, out of hours’ duties and perform weekend work if required.
- Full time, permanent role, standard hours are 8am-4pm or 9am-5pm, Mon-Fri.
- Remotely based or at our Stevenage or Doncaster offices.
This is an exciting opportunity to join OUTCO, in return for the right candidate we offer a competitive salary dependent on experience, with opportunity for further development and career growth. Pension scheme and 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.