QUANTITY SURVEYOR (SOUTH)
OUTCO is looking to recruit an experienced Quantity Surveyor for our Surfacing & Infrastructure (SIS) Division. The role is based at our Stevenage office with part of the week home based and will cover the Southern region of the UK.
The role of the Quantity Surveyor (QS) is to manage the surfacing and civil engineering project costs and value to ensure the delivery of projects that are commercially viable, achieve the employers requirements and represent value for money.
- Contract Review – review of client issued contracts, letters of intent and purchase orders.
- Management of Contractual notifications and obligations.
- Change Control – variation/compensation event pricing management and agreement.
- Sub-contract packages of work, take offs from works information and development of Bills of quantities to be sublet.
- Sub-contract tendering, negotiation and letting.
- Sub-contract management and payment.
- Management of supplier non-conformance and remedial works cost recovery.
- Site surveying, progress reporting and ensuring the required works specifications are achieved.
- Preparation, submission and agreement of interim valuations.
- Preparation, submission and agreement of final accounts.
- Post contract liaison with clients and/or client representatives including principle contractors and client design teams.
- Risk and opportunity realisation and management of issues identified by estimating team.
- Perform risk, value management and cost control.
- Processing of site information for cost and value recording and analysis. Project cost review and reporting.
- Project Cost forecasting.
- Profit & Loss Monthly reporting.
- Ensuring that the costs of the project do not exceed the agreed budget and that the project equals or exceeds the agreed profit margin.
- Maintaining accurate reporting and excellent internal and external communication.
- Experience of Health & Safety, including production and application of risk assessments and method statements is essential, together with knowledge of the requirements of CDM and its application by Principal Contractors.
- Accountable for the highest standards of safety, health and welfare for everyone on site, visitors and the general public.
- Fully engage and adopt commercial business process to ensure commercial viability of projects.
- Review existing commercial business process and make recommendations for ongoing improvements.
- Support the review and improvement of QS processes and activities, through the provision of accurate and insightful data.
- Report on key metrics at regular meetings with the SIS Division Director.
- Be the first point of contact for QS enquiries and problem resolution
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience as a Quantity Surveyor within highly commercial organisations, where the customer is at the heart of the business.
- Relevant qualification in Quantity Surveying / Commercial Management.
- Proven track record in successfully managing projects.
- Qualified in Contract administration (JCT and/or NEC)
- Ideally has experience with surfacing and civils projects.
- Experience of the end to end project management.
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook & Excel)
- Has a clean, valid drivers’ licence.
- Experience working face to face with clients and internal stakeholders
- Confident, professional, and articulate
- High degree of commercial acumen and a good negotiator
- Outgoing and a good relationship builder
- An excellent communicator with strong verbal, written and analytical skills
- Good at preparing and presenting quarterly goals and forecasts reports
- Able to demonstrate a positive ‘can-do’ attitude at all times whilst understanding the impact of decisions on all aspects of the project.
- Ability to work as part of an established management team, managing numerous projects simultaneously
- Flexible with regards to travel, out of hours’ duties and perform weekend work if required.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in a fast moving environment, dealing with staff at all levels in the organisation.
- Ability to solve client issues and concerns creatively.
- Full time, permanent role, standard hours are 8am-4pm or 9am-5pm, Mon-Fri.
- Based or at our Stevenage office with part of the week at home and with frequent travel to client sites.
This is an exciting opportunity to join OUTCO, in return for the right candidate we offer a competitive salary dependent on experience, with opportunity for further development and career growth. Pension scheme and 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.