SURFACING GANG FOREMAN – NORTH
We are recruiting for a Surfacing Site Foreman to be based out of our Doncaster office to join a team looking after client projects.
Our surfacing teams are responsible for construction, maintenance, and repair to commercial client project sites. This role will include travel and overnight stays.
The role involves working with the Site Manager, to ensure that all projects are carried out safely and efficiently and to client specifications. Adhering to all site SHEQ rules is an important aspect of the role.
• Ensure that persons under their control are adequately trained to undertake the tasks required.
• Conduct themselves in a manner which sets a good example to those under his control in all matters relating to Health and Safety, particularly regarding the wearing and use of PPE
• Ensure that all site rules and procedures are observed.
• Ensure that initial site assessments and that control measures implemented out and communicated to all site personnel.
• Ensure that formal inspections are carried out.
• Ensure that all plant and equipment is properly maintained, safe to use and used in the manner for which it was designed.
• Ensure that all non-conformances on their sites are promptly reported and rectified.
• Maintain good housekeeping within the area under their control at all times.
• Ensure that work is carried out in accordance with the quality requirements of the specification
• Direct individual members of the gang, planning the day’s workload to meet the targets agreed with Site Manager.
• Maintain accurate site records as required and report them to supervisor or office in a timely and legible manner.
• Liaise with customer representatives on site and consult with the company manager
• Train and develop gang members to provide sufficient skills to meet contingencies such holiday relief or sickness cover
• Seek to recruit gang members to ensure continuity in the workforce
• Knowledge of general Health & Safety, including SSOW and risk assessments
• Effectively implement and promote the Company HSEQ Policy.
• Ensure that all employees under their control know the first aid arrangements, who the first aiders are for the site and that first aid equipment is checked regularly.
• Consider any representation about HSEQ matters from anyone under their control.
• Bring to the Managers’ attention any HSEQ issues, which have the potential to create an accident incident or complaint
CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
• CSCS qualification – Blue Skilled Card
• SSSTS or SMSTS qualification
• Previous experience in a Surfacing Site Foreman role
• Prepared to travel
• Prepared to work night shifts and weekends
• Current and valid UK Driving Licence
• A good safety record
• Knowledge of asphalt, surfacing, concrete and paving work inc small civils
• Confident, professional and articulate
• Proactive and tenacious
This is an exciting opportunity to join OUTCO, and in return for the right candidate we offer a competitive hourly rate, dependent on experience, with the opportunity for further development and career growth, a pension scheme and 20 days annual leave.
Role: Full Time, Permanent – 40 hrs a week
Remuneration: Pay based on experience and qualifications.
If you feel that you have the right skills and knowledge, please send a copy of your current CV and qualifications, along with details of your current hourly rate.